I am going to participate in the yearly held Dragon Boat Races in the village of Stanley. This is a fishing village (now also tourist attraction) close to where we live. A very lively place with lots of expats. There are multiple teams with participants from all over the world. There is a Dutch team also but I'm rowing with the Latin womens team. They have convinced me that we might not win because of our skills but because of our outfits! We'll see. I was quite impressed with the two women rowing in front of me at practice yesterday. It's incredibly hard. My arms started shaking after only 20 minutes of rowing. I hope I am not going to disappoint my team members....
Anyhow check out this website for more information (go also to the film and history section): http://www.dragonboat.org.hk Wish me luck!
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment